The Community Foundation of Washington County MD, Inc., has compiled a comprehensive list of scholarships available to Washington County students. Our hope is to increase the number of local students that enroll in post-secondary education by providing easy access to information regarding scholarship opportunities and, when available, links to the applications.
Scholarship Application Tips
- Pay close attention to scholarship application deadlines. Applications submitted past the deadline may not be considered.
- Gather application materials early and allow yourself plenty of time to complete each step. Check the list of required attachments to ensure you include all necessary materials.
- Proofread your essays and applications. Ask for feedback from family, friends and teachers.
- Choose your letters of recommendation carefully, selecting people who know your strengths.
- Put your resume together and keep it up-to-date.
- Track everything you submit.
- If you receive a scholarship, send a thank you note to the sponsoring person or organization.